Sunday, December 9, 2012


Reading right now:

The Forgotten by David Baldacci

 I am loving this book for the pure escape it is giving me! I am just reading a little bit a day so that I won’t finish too soon. It did start out slowly, but the second half is full of action. The main character, John Puller, is a relatively new character for Baldacci (one that has been compared to Lee Child’s Jack Reacher). “Zero Day” was the first book in the series and came out last year. I haven’t loved every Baldacci book, but many have been so action packed that you just can’t put them down (like “Absolute Power” which was Baldacci’s first book). I do wish that Baldacci had followed up the Camel club series with something a little more original than the John Puller books, but they are action packed and worth reading.

 
As soon as I finish “The Forgotten,” I have “Black Box” by Michael Connelly waiting for me. And Lee Child’s new Jack Reacher novel “A Wanted Man.” Life is rich in thrillers right now!

 

 

 
On hold right now:
            I am waiting for my request for G. M. Malliet’s “Wicked Autumn” to come in. I have never read any of Malliet’s books even though she has written several novels and won prizes including an Agatha Award. “Wicked Autumn” is the first in her Max Tudor series which takes place in a quiet English village and is supposed to include a bit of humor as well as murder!

            A friend recently recommended Jason Pinter’s series featuring Henry Parker and I am trying to locate the first book called “The Mark” which came out in 2007. Searching around at all my local libraries, but may have to buy the paperback. The main character is a journalist and the series is supposed to be very suspenseful.


            On Nov. 13 my amazing Golden Retriever Maxine died of cancer.  I have been thinking of reading “The Loss of a Pet” by Wallace Sife, but haven’t really been ready. Maxine was a huge part of my life and it is horrible not to have her to take for walks and to hug when I’m down. She became a part of my household 10 years ago on Christmas eve and this year Christmas seems a little less bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment